Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stupid Duck

If you're not familiar with the comic strip Mallard Fillmore, you're not missing much. It's a conservative strip that takes shots at teachers, liberals, and the dreaded mainstream media. More importantly, it's not the least bit funny. What made me spit out my coffee, though, was the August 12 strip, which claims that "the costs of operating the tax system eat up an estimated 65% of every tax dollar collected from us." Let's think about that for a second. If every tax dollar collected from us taxpayers pays for the running the government, that means that the budget for ONE government agency, the IRS, is 65% of the total budget.

While composing this post, I was looking for James Payne's article that author Bruce Tinsley cites. I couldn't find it, but I did find this. Apparently, this strip is a repeat from April, and the author says pretty much the same thing I just said, and titled his post similarly. File it under "accidental plagiarism."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home