Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cynthia McKinney

I was reading Cynthia McKinney's political (about damn time) obituary when I got to this quote and laughed out loud:

"Cynthia McKinney is loved nationally, locally and internationally," said State Rep. Tyrone Brooks of Atlanta, president of the Georgia Association of Black Elected Officials. "I expect her to move to the international scene, especially as it relates to peace, justice and environmental issues. This is going to elevate her to another level."

That shows a distance from reality that is truly mind-boggling. I'm not sure which part of that made me laugh harder, her being loved nationally, locally and internationally or her moving on to the international scene especially as it relates to peace. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home